How to open an account in the post office. Step by step process of opening a savings account in the post office.
If you want to open a savings account in the post office, then you do not need to do much for it. And in today’s time, the government is providing many facilities in almost all the post offices. If you do not have any bank account of any kind and you want to open your bank account, then you can open your bank account in post office.
Account opening in post office Can be beneficial for us. Nowadays the government of our country is also giving a lot of priority to the Indian post office, and now most of the schemes have been fully planned to reach the beneficiaries through the post office itself. And in today’s time, it is mandatory for everyone to have an account in their post office.
Today we will give you How to open an account in the post office Step by step on this subject is going to provide detailed information and if you were looking for information on this subject, then read this important article of ours till the last.
How to open savings account in post office? Post office saving account opening process
In the post office, any account or minor person can open savings account very easily and can take advantage of it. You can open only one account at any post office. You don’t need to do much to open a savings account at the post office, you have to go to your nearest post office and then from there post office saving account opening form Have to get it, and then fill this application form with necessary information and submit it. Let us now understand this a little more elaborately.
Joint account can also be opened in post office: Post Office Joint Account opening
It is also easy to open a joint account in the post office and it can be opened by two or three people together. If someone has a single account in the post office, then he can get the account converted in his joint account as well. To open a joint account, two passport size photographs of the person and all types of documents related to identity and address will be installed.
Account can be opened in post office for only ₹ 20
You can easily open your account at the post office for just ₹ 20, and can withdraw cash or deposit when you want to. If you want to take a check, you have to deposit at least ₹ 500 and if you already have an account and now you want to take the check, then you have to deposit ₹ 500 and get your check issued.
What are the necessary documents required to open an account in the post office?
To open your account in a post office savings account you will need some important documents and you will not be able to open your account in post office without those documents. Let us know about the documents required to open an account in the post office, which is as follows.
- To open an account for you at the post office Aadhar Card Will be required
- Voter certificate Even without you, you cannot open an account in your post office.
- your Photo joint ration card Should be in
- If you want Passport Can also be used to open an account in the post office.
- Driving license You can easily open your account in the post office with the help of.
- Center or State Government issued ID Can also help you to open an account in the post office.
- apart from this BPL card, MNREGA job card You can also use
You can also use a certificate issued from any recognized university education board, college or school to open an account in the post office.
What is the eligibility criteria required to open an account in a post office?
To open an account at the post office, you will have to go through some eligibility criteria and the Indian postal department has ensured certain necessary eligibility criteria for opening an account, which are as follows.
- Any adult person can easily open their account at the Indian Post Office.
- Minor people above 10 years of age can also easily submit their application and open their account for opening an account.
- The mentally ill person has also been given permission by the government to open an account at the post office.
- Two to three persons can open their account at the Indian Post Office at the same rate of their share.
- You are not allowed to open group accounts, institutional accounts, security deposit accounts and officer capacity accounts in the Indian Post Office.
What is the procedure for opening a savings account in the Indian Postal Department?
The process of opening a savings account in the Indian Postal Department is very easy and it is described as follows.
- To open an account at the Indian Post Office, first of all you will need a post office saving account opening form. You can easily get it online or by going to the post office.
- Now you have to carefully fill all the information being asked by your application form, and then submit your application form with KYC documents to your nearest post office.
- Then after that you can open your account easily by paying whatever amount you want to pay.
- To open an account for senior citizens in India, a separate application form is provided at the post office and you can open your account by filling that form.
Some salient features of opening an account at the post office?
There are many benefits of opening an account in the post office and some of its characteristics. Let us know what are the main features of opening an account in the post office, which is as follows.
- A person opening a savings account can open his account easily after paying the initial amount in cash to open an account.
- If you want to open your savings account at the post office without a check, you can keep a maintenance balance of minimum ₹ 50.
- Those who have already opened their account at the post office and still want to avail the check facility, they can easily avail the check facility with a minimum deposit amount of just ₹ 500.
- All types of interest earned up to ₹ 10000 from the post office have been exempted from tax.
- You can transfer any of your savings accounts to another post office savings account.
- Only one savings account can be opened at your post office.
- Any minor person can also open a savings account in their post office and the children have been given the right to open their account in the post office by the children above 10 years of age.
- Any savings account holder can easily convert his account to a joint account.
- A person opening a savings account at a post office can easily withdraw or withdraw their electronic deposit through the CBS Post Office.
- ATM facility is provided by the post office to the savings account.